Our Mission Statement
To promote the role of the agent, educate our membership, represent consumer interests, influence legislation and promote fair and ethical business practices through the Association of Health and Disability Insurance Professionals.
- To promote the common business interests of those engaged in the health and disability insurance industry. To advance public knowledge for the need and benefit of health insurance and/or disability income products.
- To promote the adoption and application of high standards of ethical conduct in the health insurance industry.
- To promote and provide a program of continuing education and self-improvement of San Diego Association of Health Underwriters.
- To increase the knowledge of members concerning principles, functions and applications of health insurance and disability income products.
- To promote education, legislation, regulation and practices which are in the best interest of the health and disability insurance industry and the insuring public.
- To encourage adequate protection against the hazards of disability as a part of a well-rounded insurance program.
- To do such other things and to carry out such other programs so as to further the purposes of the Association.
- To present accurately, honestly and completely every fact essential to the client's decision as expressed in the Code of Ethics of the National Association of Health Underwriters.
CONGRATS to the Neil R. Crosby Achievement in Excellence Award Winner!
At our annual sales expo on Thursday, January 28th, Joel Marcus was awarded the 2016 Neil R. Crosby Achievement in Excellence Award. Presenting the award was 2015 recipient Jane Ramshaw.
Joel's compassion and dedication over the last eight years as our Philanthropic Chair, leading our charitable endeavors with many local non-profits, including: Rady Children's Hospital Special Needs Clinic, Banding Together, and many others.
A heartfelt CONGRATS goes out to our favorite Santa Claus for a well-deserved award!